Sunday, January 27, 2008

Itty Bitty Birds


Birds sing after a storm; why shouldn't people feel as free to delight in whatever remains to them? Rose F. Kennedy
Not my usual color choices, one of the pieces for my Itty Bitty Valentine Swap partner who loves birds and dark colors.

The itty bitty theme is for a tiny little 3 inch square, not a whole lot of space to do much but just enough to squeeze on this lovely piece of fabric featuring black velvet motif of birds.

And for everyone who is going to ask what I backed this one up with

A tag cut from calligraphy text bird poem and a bit of mail art.

In this life we can not all do great things but we all can do small things with great love. Mother Teresa

12 comments:

WriterGirl said...

Yowza!! You are working some awesome stuff, girl!! I love your blog banner!!

Lori said...

lovely, the velvet is wonderful:)

carolyn peeler said...

what a sweet project

alittlebitofscrap said...

That is truly beautiful and to do it on just 3x3in.. Wow!

Jennifer Stewart said...

Beautiful! Love that velvet. :)

Jennifer

mborrero said...

Wow this is quite exquisite!

Heather said...

Beautiful work with just 3 little inches!

Anonymous said...

Too cute. I'm impressed with your talents. Thanks for dropping by my blog. Your kind words meant the world to me. Thanks again

Yvonne

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely project - I just love the colour!

Laura Davis said...

Pearl, thanks for the sweet comments. I love your blog it's beautiful & your work is stunning:)
Laura

Unknown said...

Oh Mandy what a lovely blog. Thank you for stopping by my place and your nice comment. I must put your place on my favorite artisans. This creation is so gorgeous. Karen

Betty said...

That is beautiful!! I love that blue velvet!