Friday, May 23, 2008

Alone with the heavens


“The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature.” Anne Frank

One of the many beautiful beaches in our area on a crisp winter’s day. Off season is my favourite time of year to walk the beach, you have it almost to yourself excep for all those million & one thoughts you never have time for anywhere else.
Be sure to check Wiggers World for links to all the other SkyWatch participants. It is an amazing collection of photos from around the world.

The most interesting thing I discovered about SkyWatch from simply watching what others were posting, beautiful skies start appearing in your own day. In the middle of the average day full of hectic deadlines and traffic jams, your mind starts to frame up shots of sun light dancing on the clouds. We all know there is beauty in the everyday, sometimes you simply need to be reminded.

20 comments:

Pernille said...

Yes, this looks like heaven on earth. Wonderful shot!

Have a nice weekend:)

judi/Gmj said...

Darlin' Pearl Maple, you stopped by page 2, Page 2 is where I keep my test pictures, my links list and other clutter. :) My SWF picture is on my main blog Glovzoff :) come check out that one. Happy weekend to you.

Anonymous said...

Nature and God. Beautifil taken.

Penny said...

So true and what a beautiful photo. My favourite beach time is in the winter too, the wilder and more deserted the better for me.

Penny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marie said...

Heavenly!
You have a beautiful blog :)

Thank you for passing by my blog.

Anonymous said...

that's insipiring one1

Maria said...

I also have the sea very near. How lucky we are! :-)
Have a nice weekend

♥ Stines hverdag said...

What a beautiful and peaceful beach!
Thanks for sharing the picture and the nice words.

Anonymous said...

i like this very inspiring!

FO - 2 said...

Lovely scene. :)
Your words are wise and touching.
Beautiful quotation.

Anonymous said...

I wish I was the lucky one!

Neal said...

That is very beautiful. So serene and peaceful.

Unknown said...

Just beautiful! The quote is so true and one that I need to take to practice every now and then.

TR Ryan said...

Great composition and very contemplative. What a collaboration!

Tom said...

Quote: 'We all know there is beauty in the everyday, sometimes you simply need to be reminded'

I so agree with you on this.. I also notice more shots or just the beauty of other things as well.. thats the way it is with picture taking and blogging.. If Sky Watch helps that along then .. great.

Petunia said...

It looks like heaven...or just like paradise:)
Petunia's SWF

Daniel J Santos said...

Beautiful place, beautiful image, excellent.

Anonymous said...

great picture the beach looks so warm

Anonymous said...

Thankyou for reminding me, I needed to remember that today! Gorgeous beach :)