Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Little Things

“Great things are done by a series of small things brought together."  Vincent Van Gogh
click to enlarge for a pretty rainbow
Love this quote for a rainbow theme, you might call it science or the simple beauty of nature but got to love the little things working together to make rainbows.  Have not been able to get access to the internet much on this trip and looking forward to catching up with everyone soon.  In the mean time, check Sky Watch Friday to see what other bloggers have found on their horizon to share this week.
Tattered Angels paints has a big give away on their web site this month while celebrating all the fun things you can do with colour.
Jill at Bittersweet Soap has a darling give away on her site of little matchbook notes, stop by to tell her she is sweet to share her creative projects.

17 comments:

Photo Cache said...

what a wonderful quote. thanks for continuing to share these words to live by and of course the lovely snap.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Even a faint rainbow is a delight to behold!


WHEN PLANETS PLUMMET

When planets plummet
And comets careen,
It’s the strangest sight
You ever have seen.

When drunk stars stagger
And comets collide,
It’s time to look up
As you go outside

To stare at the sky
Where the strangest sight
Is the moon-faced thing
That you see at night.


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Night Sky

Unknown said...

terrific composition of this photo. the gift of the rainbow is always beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Such true words to go with this lovely photo.

Red Nomad OZ said...

It's a quote our politicians downunder here in OZ would do well to remember ...

Have a great weekend!!

Kim, USA said...

I find rainbow here in Michigan is so rare and I love watching it. Thankfully we had SWF and like your photo today I see another rainbow. Happy weekend!

SWF

Maude Lynn said...

Lovely shot!

myonlyphoto said...

Mandy this is beautiful.
Thanks for sharing.
Anna :)

Relyn Lawson said...

That's a wonderful quote my friend. I've been a blogging slacker lately because I am on a long trip of my own. We're in Arizona now and I have a bit of time on the computer - finally! I was having withdrawls from being away from my blogger buddies so long, I tell you. I hope your summer gets better and better as it wears on. Love to you and yours.

eden said...

Beautiful photo and words.

Tracy said...

Oh, that hint of rainbow makes my heart sing... this glorious, Mandy! Thanks so much for stopping by. I'm slow to visiting for getting my new creative place going--it's been such fun. :o) Happy Days ((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

sweet.

penny said...

You captured a heavenly rainbow, Mandy.. I enjoyed the quote as well.

hugs,
Pam

Completely Coastal said...

Enjoy your time on the Cape..., hope we get to see some photos when you are back!

Jenny said...

Hi Mandy, I love that quote. I haven't heard it.

I love rainbow morsels! You just know there's a full, glowing rainbow hidden behind those dark clouds!

Judy said...

Love this shot, with just a trace of a rainbow!!!

Kelly Massman said...

Beautiful photo! Thanks also for stopping by my blog! :-)