Thursday, March 25, 2010

Destinations

"Follow what you are genuinely passionate about and let that guide you to your destination." Diane Sawyer
 
Many thanks to our hosts of Sky Watch Friday, who organize for us to visit hundreds of views from all over the world each week.

Blogging for Alphabe-Thursday, Jenny is hosting weekly parties working through the alphabet and lucky me, this week is P, Pretty, Paris, Postcards sytled into unique Postal Art by Pearl Maple.

Some parts are from lovely postcards that my friend JoJo Caramel sent from France, stamped images from Tattered Angels other images from Altered Pages and maps are from an old atlas. Geography was my favourite subject in school, can’t you just tell.
Destinations is a lovely theme and thank you to Evelyn for hosting the Carnival of Post Cards where groups of bloggers celebrate the beauty and history of post cards and mail art. You know I like to play with altered books and I really should have taken a photo of the little post cards from Paris that JoJo Caramel  sent to us to restyle in a new creative adventure.  Update: another French themed party we are linking too is Frenchy's, sure is a popular theme! check out here give away competition while you are there.

This month’s theme in the Carnival of Postcards is geography so I have included maps, lots of maps and even a little postage stamp with a globe on it. Here are the first few pages, keep checking back for updates as more pages are added.  And as always, I confirm for my postcard & stamp collecting friends, all materials have been checked for signficance before being altered.



Product list
Tattered Angels Royal Collection stencils
Tattered Angels Glimmer Chips
Tattered Angels Timeless Romance stamps Vintage Seasons series for mail art
Tattered Traveller post card collection
Clip art images courtesy of Altered Pages
Graphic 45 printed paper







 

44 comments:

the old boathouse said...

Hi Mandy, great pic...the barge looks like a great old man looking out to sea. Hope you have a lovely week, cheers Katherine

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

Beautiful photo, Mandy! I love anything with sky, sea and boats! =)

Regina said...

Beautiful sky and scene!
Have a great week.

Johnny Nutcase said...

that looks like such a peaceful scene, i love when the clouds look like that, calm water too. really pretty!

myonlyphoto said...

Thanks for the inspirations. Excellent quote. Anna :)

Anonymous said...

That quote surprised me - well the fact that Diane Sawyer said that. Beautiful capture.

Karine said...

I love the perspective of this shot, it almost seems to be the boat's point of view of the sky :o)

Tara R. said...

Beautifully composed shot.

Quiet Paths said...

Oh I love this! Fantastic water & sky.l

Kim, USA said...

The water and the sky look so serene. Great shot! Happy weekend!


SWF~ Blue sky

Willa said...

Great pic.Amazing sky beauty.

eden said...

What a great capture! Love the scene, very calm water and the soft colour of the sky. I love the reflection too.

Anonymous said...

Great pic of a peaceful scene. Love the sky colours reflected and the quotation quite apt for me today.

Rajesh said...

Amazing shot.

Hildred said...

So peaceful, - lovely shot.

Anonymous said...

A lovely place...

Kcalpesh said...

That's an awesome quote by Diane Sawyer. Nice picture! Goes well with the Quote...

Pixellicious Photos

meandering pearl said...

lovely boat!!! hope you have a lovely week!!! kindest thoughts

Maria said...

I love how the sea and sky look endless... so serene ~
This is the second quote I've read this week about having passion!

Blessings to you ~ Maria

Alison Gibbs said...

Hi Mandy beautiful sky and such calm water.
Alison

Dorthe said...

Thanks for your sweet visit Mandy,
you have a lovely blog here, that I will use some time to visit,-so beautifull photoes.

xo Dorthe

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Very beautiful Pic !
Blessings,
~Myrna

penny said...

It looks like a beautiful day for a boat ride. The water is so calm.

Allie and Pattie said...

Thank you so much for visiting us and leaving such a sweet comment. I'm off to browse- your pictures look amazing!
xoxo pattie and Allie

Joanne Kennedy said...

Wow! You take such beautiful photos.

Hugs,
Joanne

Anonymous said...

Joyeuses Pâques! Happy Easter Mandy!

Terra said...

I loved all thos epost cards. Going to share them with my daughter tomorrow. She is in her 5th year French and will love to see those.

GardenOfDaisies said...

OOOH! I love Geography too! I will have to find out more about this "sky watch Friday".

Annesphamily said...

Love it!Thanks for the great post! Anne

Unknown said...

Thank you for linking to French Obsession...Super pretty!
XOXO
Frenchy

Unknown said...

these are lovely...you are very creative

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

How pretty they all are!

Thanks for sharing them..

laterg8r said...

love all the vintage postcards :D

MrsJenB said...

Beautiful picture, intriguing quote - great post!

mrs. c said...

My hubby collects antique post cards of Chattanooga....he needs to post them so thanks for the information. I adore altered books especially when you include lots of different mediums! Thanks for sharing!

jeff campbell said...

I am a Geography nut, and minored in it in college. I would have majored in Geog., but all they offered was the minor. As MrsC said, I collect PCs, mostly of Lookout Mtn and Chattanooga. Wonderful "P" post...Peace and blessings

VKT said...

Beautiful photo and great post for alphabet Thursday. I love postcards...my grandfather collected them for years and had some that dated back to the 1800's.

Jenny said...

Beautiful quote, beautiful picture, beautiful altered work.

All in all a perfect post for Alphabe-Thursday's journey through the letter "P"!

I am always excited waiting for your blog to load when I see it is your post.

And you never disappoint!

Thank you for joining us!

Your posts are quite precious!

A+

Unknown said...

I love postcards - used to collect them although nothing as lovely as you have here!

Jo said...

oh i love the postcards ... big tattered angels fan here! you have created some beauty! thanks for sharing it with us!

Steph said...

So much intricacy and detail, layer upon layer to find delight in. This is beautiful. Your photos and journal looking altered books are lovely too. I really like the photo with the palm and the pathway by the ocean.

Kat said...

This is lovely! You do beautiful work, I love the addition of the maps. Fun post for the letter P. Kathy

Dialy Activities said...

so wonderfull your handmade..
your so creative person..

PocketsOfInspiration said...

What beautiful images you have on your blog Mandy. The water photos are my favorite. They are so serene.

Thanks for stopping by today. I'll be back.