Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Beyond the Horizon



“We have always held to the hope,
the belief,
the conviction that
there is a better life, a better world,
beyond the horizon.”
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Welcome to Sky Watch Friday, where bloggers from all over share their view over the horizon, hope it’s a good one for us all. Photo taken on the northern beaches of NSW Australia.





One of the things bloggers enjoy is an ever expanding collection of friends from all over.

Shirley of Reflections recently gifted me with this sweet card and the Proximity Award.



“The award is given to a blog that invests and believes in PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind of bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these bloggers"

To say thank you to bloggers who inspire & excite me, I would have to recommend some that I visit every week

Linda Art Sook
Jill Bittersweet
Lousie Cape Cod Memories
Mademoiselle Rose
Lost Aussie

Red Velvet
Sara’s Beach Cottage

Have also been regularly visiting the Inspired Room, this year she is hosting a theme each month on her goals for creating a sanctuary in her home. Lots of other bloggers chime in with their approach to the monthly themes. Best of all it is not about buying the latest kit or range from a big name store, it is just regular folks adding their ideas on how to make the best out of what we have.


31 comments:

Sara G said...

BEAUTIFUL photo!!
Thanks for sharing.
Take care

vincibene said...

Beautiful view, I enlarged it.

Your EG Tour Guide said...

I'd love to be there today. It looks sooo inviting!

Photo Cache said...

I know it's about the sky, but I like this pathway that goes down to the beach. Beautiful.

Kay said...

I love this. It draws me into the photo and wonder what's on the other side of that hill. Just beautiful. Have a great weekend.

Pagan Sphinx said...

Oh, it must be so beautiful where you are; the photo certainly gives us a hint of it.

Happy Sky Watch!

Peace,
Pagan

BABOOSHKA said...

It has a real sense of solitude and solace, especially in such a busy world.

Rune said...

Thanks for the view! Nice shot!

dowhatyoulove said...

The path looks so inviting, makes you want to wander down to the beach.

Arija said...

Love your pathway to better times.

Sue said...

I want to go there! Thanks for showing this lovely place and sky!

Naturegirl said...

Your quote and your photo are comforting to me right about now.
LOvely.

Secret Wish Jar said...

What a wonderful idea, thanks for introducing me to Sky Watch Friday! Your picture is gorgeous.

I look forward to sharing this creative journey that The Next Chapter is with you!

Mary said...

I love that quote, and it beautifully illustrates your lovely photo!

theArthurClan said...

What a beautiful photo and you chose the perfect quotation to go with it! Lovely...

Tara said...

What a gorgeous photo! I love that view!

Dewdrop said...

I find hope in the fact that someone is thinking that about us, and I can see the truth in it.

Beautiful shot, great angle. So nice to see the beach right now.

Old Wom Tigley said...

A truely beautiful view.... and words to ponder... what more could we ask for. :O)

Tom

Stacey said...

Beautiful photo - I would love to be therre. Thanks for stopping by my blog - looking forward to reading more about you!!

gemma said...

Love the gentle path.
:-)

Tarolino said...

I love how you combine your wonderful photos to such appropriate sayings by several famous people. This saying is so true too and the image really invites to travel beyond the horizon.

Mamapippa said...

Nice photo. Have a great sunday !
Greetings from Belgium !

Shirley Fyfe said...

Such a lovely photo Mandy! It definitely makes you want to head on down that path to see where it leads!

I also wanted to let you know that I've left you a little something over on my blog too!

Cheryl said...

Love your sky photos and the quotes you use. !!!
Beautiful !!

Babooshka said...

It is a slice of quiet time.

Naturegirl said...

I am back to read "a better world,
beyond the horizon.” and see the image of the gentle path because my mother is now in palliative care as we wait her gentle pass into the better world beyond the horizon. blessings from aNNa

Bee Rozatti said...

Happy New Year Mandy. I have had your blog earmarked for the last year when we greeted eachother in re. to the Christmas Journal & at the time you were traveling. Your blog has continued to gift me, it is uplifing. Continue on! Bee

Lost Aussie said...

Awesome photos! And many thanks for honoring me by passing on you Blog award...that is so lovely of you!
Happy New Year and may it be filled with peaces, happiness and much creativity!
xox

Robert V. Sobczak said...

That's a great quote. Yes, beyond every bad day is a quest to find one better.

Anne said...

Love your picture today! Definitely makes me want to walk that path! :-)

Linda Manning Findley said...

Thanks Mandy for mentioning my blog and looks like I have missed a lot lately with being sick .... your wonderful new banner and your great photos ...... Linda F